“Sixth form students achieve extremely well, not only in their academic standards but also in their personal development. They relish the independence they have and the responsibility they are given for their learning.” Ofsted 2007
The Broxbourne School Sixth Form offers every student:
- a broad choice of subjects and courses
- excellent teaching
- high quality academic and pastoral support
- personal careers advice
- an extensive range of enrichment and extracurricular opportunities to complement academic studies
To enter the Sixth Form to study AS/A-level courses students must:
- gain a minimum of five A* to C grades in GCSE subjects
- achieve at least a grade B in the GCSE subject they wish to study at AS/A-level or in the case of subjects not taken at GCSE a grade B in related subjects (the list of related subjects is available from the Director of Sixth Form)
Students are expected to take four AS subjects and AS General Studies in Year 12 and
should have demonstrated a consistently serious attitude to study
To help students choose they will be invited with their parents to an Information evening where subject leaders will explain the different courses available. The Year 11 report and parents evening are calendared at this time to help inform decisions.
Students and parents are also invited to an individual careers interview with a senior member of staff to discuss and finalise subject choices.
Please click on the link to view the Sixth Form Prospectus: