Ten Reasons to Choose Broxbourne
Ten Reasons Why I Should Choose Broxbourne School
1. Consistently excellent performance at GCSE. In 2017, at GCSE, 80% of all students achieved a standard pass (4+) in both English and maths (2016 England 59%). 85% of all students achieved 4+ in English and 86% achieved 4+ in maths. Across all subjects, one in three grades were A*/ A. Thirty five students achieved 8 or more A*/ A grades. Students can choose from 23 subjects at Key Stage 4.
2. Consistently excellent performance at A-level. In 2017, A-level points score per entry was 38.4 (equivalent to a B grade) (2016 England 33.2). 34% of all grades were A*/A and 68% were A* to B. Our students’ excellent qualifications enable them to enter top Russell Group universities including Cambridge and for competitive courses such as medicine. Students can choose from 24 subjects at A-level.
3. For the second consecutive year, the school is ‘One of the top 100 non-selective state-funded schools in England based on the percentage of pupils achieving the core academic subjects needed for the English Baccalaureate’ (Nick Gibb, MP).
4. The school has been awarded the coveted NACE (National Association for Able Children in Education) Challenge Award for the second time for its work with able, gifted and talented students.
5. ‘The headteacher, other school leaders, staff and governors, many of whom are long serving members of the school community, share a deep commitment and passion to strive for excellence in all aspects of the school’s work’ (Ofsted).
6. ‘Teachers have very strong working relationships with the students who, as a result, are engaged and motivated to try their best. This creates a very positive climate for learning’ (Ofsted).
7. ‘Students are proud of their school and readily support each other’. ‘Students say that they feel safe in school and they are aware of how to keep safe’ (Ofsted). The school has been awarded the Hertfordshire Anti-Bullying Accreditation for the second time in recognition for its strong pastoral support.
8. There has been repeated accreditation as an ArtsMark School, attaining the prestigious Gold Award year after year in recognition of our outstanding programme of music dance and drama. We also have a consistently outstanding record at sports and sporting events.
9. Over 150 inspiring visits and journeys are undertaken each year: French, German and Italian exchanges; local community service; field trips in Europe and USA; sports tours to Canada and Cyprus.
10. An impressive number of our students take part in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Bronze and Gold Awards scheme.