Who are we?
All parents, carers and teaching staff are automatically members of the Friends of The Broxbourne School (FOTBS). A committee is elected annually, made up of parents and teaching staff, that meet regularly throughout the year to manage the annual programme, funds and activities. Everyone is welcome to attend any of the Committee meetings.
Our aims are:
(1) to raise money to help fund “extras” that directly benefit pupils at the school
(2) to support parents/carers and teaching staff for the benefit of the school and local community
What do we do?
We raise funds for the school by organising various events during the year, and we help foster a friendly and welcoming environment for parents and support teaching staff by providing refreshments at the many parents’ evenings and school events.
In recent years, we have helped to fund a set of Ipads for use in the classroom, interactive whiteboards and picnic tables for the students at break times. We regularly hold events, such as quiz nights and provide refreshments for school activities such as concerts and plays.
The activities engaged by FOTBS are meant to supplement and support what is a very busy extra-curricular school programme.
The Broxbourne School Uniform Recycling Scheme was introduced in September 2010.
If any of you would like to donate good quality uniform to the scheme, please take it along to the reception office at school. In particular, we have had requests for the burgundy blazers and kilts.
FOTBS have, on behalf of The Broxbourne School, managed this fund raising scheme and we hope that you have been able to benefit from this scheme. We hope to display the uniform at Parents’ Evenings and if anyone could lend a helping hand on the night that would be most appreciated. Contact us on the email below.
Currently, all of the money raised has been donated back to the school to purchase items chosen by the pupils from the School Council.
The FOTBS Committee
The Committee comprises parents of the school and members of staff. The present Committee members are listed under the FOTBS Committee additional information below. We are all volunteers and we always need help from willing parents, whether it is by helping at our events or just by coming along and spending some money.
Ways you can help?
1. Join the Committee! We normally meet every 4-6 weeks. Please contact the committee by email: FOTBS@hotmail.co.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
2. Support our social fund raising events. These are advertised in the school newsletter and via Schoolcomms - this will usually be our ever popular quiz nights, or by donating uniform, or donating prizes for any raffles that we run.
3. Volunteer to help! We always need extra help so if you can spare even an hour or two (could be once a year), please contact us by email: FOTBS@hotmail.co.uk