Occasionally, we take photographs of the children at our school. We may use these images in our school prospectus or in other printed publications that we produce, in displays and on our website. We may also make video or webcam recordings for school-to-school conferences, monitoring or other educational use.
We also send images to the news media, or our school may be visited by the media who will take their own photographs or film footage (for example, of a visiting dignitary or other high profile event). Pupils will often appear in these images. The news media may use the images in printed publications (including local or national newspapers), on televised news programmes or on their website. They then store them in their archive. They may also syndicate the photos to other media for possible use, either in printed publications, on websites, or both. When we submit photographs and information to the media, we have no control on when, where, if or how they will be used.
To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, we need your permission before we can photograph or make any recordings of your child.
Conditions of use:
1. This form is valid for the period of time your child attends this school. Images of your child will not be used after this time. Please write to the school if you wish to withdraw consent at any time.
2. The images we take will be of activities that show the school and children in a positive light.
3. Embarrassing or distressing images will not be used. The images will not be associated with negative or sensitive issues.
4. We may use group or class photographs or footage with very general labels e.g. ‘science lesson’.
5. We will only use images of pupils who are suitably dressed.
6. We will make every effort to ensure that we do not allow images to be taken of any children for whom we do not have permission or who are ‘at risk’ or disallowed from having their photographs taken for legal or social reasons.
7. We will take all reasonable measures to ensure the images are used solely for the purposes for which they are intended. However we cannot guarantee this and take no responsibility for the way images are used by other websites or publishers or for any consequences arising from publication.
Please note that websites can be viewed throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies. In giving your consent you understand that images may be used in printed and electronic form.
If you do not wish to give your consent to your child’s image being used in the above ways please click on the link and complete the form. Please return to the school. - Image Non-Consent Form