Ten Reasons to Choose Broxbourne
Ten Reasons Why I Should Choose Broxbourne School
1. Consistently excellent performance at GCSE. In 2018, at GCSE, 81% of all students achieved a standard pass (4+) in both English and maths (2017 England 64%). 92% of all students achieved 4+ in English and 82% achieved 4+ in maths. One in three grades were the highest 7-9 (or A*/A) grades. Thirty eight students achieved 8 or more highest grades. Students can choose from 22 subjects at Key Stage 4.
2. Consistently excellent performance at A-level. In 2018, A-level points score per entry was 37 (closely equivalent to a B grade) (2017 England 31). 37% of all grades were A*/A and 68% were A* to B. Our students’ excellent qualifications enable them to embark on high level apprenticeships or to enter top Russell Group universities including Cambridge and for competitive courses such as medicine. Students can choose from 23 subjects at A-level.
3. "You are ambitious for pupils and have high expectations of them. Consequently, you do your utmost to ensure that all pupils are well supported to meet the challenging targets you set. The school ensures that standards continue to rise. Governors make valuable contributions to improvement planning and are integral to the on-going success of the school" (Ofsted)
4. "Pupils value their time at school, they enjoy learning and feel teachers help them to do their best" (Ofsted)
5. ‘Pupils progress in the EBacc element of the Progress 8 measure is well above average, reflecting the high expectations we have for pupils and the quality of teaching they receive" (Ofsted)
6. The school has been selected as one of the only 9 schools nationally to become a hub school for Modern Foreign Languages.
7. The school has been awarded the coveted NACE (National Association for Able Children in Education) Challengage Award for the second time for its work with able, gifted and talented students.
8. "Pupils know how to keep themselves safe, and they feel safe. Bulling is rare and, where it does happen, is well dealt with" (Ofsted). The school has re-accredited with the Hertfordshire Anti-Bullying Award in recognition for its strong pastoral support.
9. There has been repeated accreditation as an ArtsMark Gold Award School in recognition of our outstanding programme of music, dance and drama. We also have a consistently outstanding record at sports and sporting events.
10. Over 150 inspiring visits and journeys are undertaken each year: Duke of Edinburgh Bronze and Gold expeditions; French, German and Italian exchanges; local community service; field trips in Europe and USA; sports tours to Canada and Cyprus.