Who are we?
All parents, carers and teaching staff are automatically members of the Friends of The Broxbourne School (FOTBS). A committee is elected annually, made up of parents and teaching staff that meet regularly throughout the year to manage the annual programme, funds and activities. Everyone is welcome to attend any of the committee meetings.
Our aims are:
- To raise money to help fund “extras” that directly benefit pupils at the school
- To support parents/carers and teaching staff for the benefit of the school and local community
What do we do?
We raise funds for the school by organising various events during the year, and we help foster a friendly and welcoming environment for parents and support teaching staff by providing refreshments at the many parents’ evenings and school events.
In recent years, we have helped to fund a set of iPads for use in the classroom, interactive whiteboards and picnic tables for the students at break times. We regularly hold events, such as quiz nights and provide refreshments for school activities such as concerts and plays.
The Broxbourne School Uniform Recycling Scheme was introduced in September 2010. All money raised goes to FOTBS for the school.
If any parents/carers would like to donate any good quality uniform to the scheme, please take it along to the reception office at school. In particular, we have had requests for the burgundy blazers and kilts.
If you would like to buy an item of recycled uniform please contact the reception office or email:
The FOTBS Committee
- Please join the committee - email us if you would like to join:
- Support our social fund-raising events. These are advertised in the school newsletter and via emails from school - this will usually be our ever popular quiz nights, or by donating uniform, or donating prizes for any raffles that we run.
- Volunteer to help - we always need extra help so if you can spare even an hour or two (could be once a year), please contact us.