Broxbourne school image 17

Year 7 Admissions

Secondary Transfers for September 2023

The school participates in the Hertfordshire County Council co-ordinated scheme for admissions. All deadlines within this scheme must be adhered to by applicants. Hertfordshire County Council will make offers of places on behalf of the school. 

Hertfordshire County Council Admissions0300 123 4043

In addition to completing the Hertfordshire Standard Transfer Form (The Common Application Form) either online or in paper form, we encourage parents to complete the school’s Supplementary Information Form and return it to the Clerk to the Admissions’ Committee, The Broxbourne School, Badgers Walk, Broxbourne, Herts EN10 7FU. This is so that the governors can collect information which they need to consider applications fully. If an applicant does not complete the Supplementary Information Form, the Governing Body will apply the school’s oversubscription criteria using the information submitted on the Common Application Form. This may result in the application being given a lower priority against those criteria due to lack of available information. 

When applications for admission exceed the number of places available the following criteria will be applied, in the order set out below, to decide which pupils to admit. These criteria will continue to be used to allocate places should any fall vacant after the initial allocation. 

90% of allocations (216) will be made using the following criteria (1 to 5) in the order set out below and the remaining 10% of allocations (24) will be made using criterion (6)

  1. Children who are or have been in public care
  2. Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical and/or social need which makes The Broxbourne School the most suitable school for that child
  3. Children of staff at the school where the member of staff has been employed under a contract of employment with the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made or the member of staff is recruited under a contract of employment to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage
  4. Children who have an older brother or sister (a sibling) at the school living at the same address at the time of application, unless it is anticipated that the sibling will have left the school before the date of proposed admission of the applicant
  5. Home to school distance. The ‘Tie-breaker’. After places have been allocated using criteria 1, 2 3, and 4, home to school distance is used as the ‘tie-breaker’ to allocate any remaining places within the 90% of places (216) allocated to criteria 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.  Home to school distance is used as the ‘tie-breaker’ because it is a clear, objective and fair criterion 
  6. The remaining 10% of places (24) will be allocated for children who show an aptitude for languages on the basis of an assessment of aptitude carried out by the school. Priority will be given to those with the highest score in this test.

 Documents

Admissions Criteria 2023

Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and Aptitude Test Application Form 2023Aptitude Test FAQ 2023

Ten reasons to choose The Broxbourne School

Key Dates

Applications for the Aptitude test (including the supplementary information form) deadline – Wednesday 14th September 2022 – 4pm

Applications for the Aptitude test received after this date will not be processed under any circumstances. Please ensure you use the correct postage if you are posting forms.  Documents and receipts will only be returned if parents/carers enclose a stamp addressed envelope. 

Applications deadline for all other criteria – Friday 21st October

Aptitude Test – Saturday 24th September

Letters with arrangements for the test will be sent out on Friday 16th September

Letters with scores will be issued by Friday 7th October

Deadline for applications to HCC – Monday 31st October

 

Allocation Statistics

 

2019

2020

2021

2022

SEN

3

5

0

3

Rule 1 (children in public care)

4

3

0

3

Rule 2 (social/medical)

0

0

0

0

Rule 3 (staff)

2

3

2

3

Rule 4 (sibling)

86

73

86

84 (+1)

Rule 5 (Home to school distance)

102

112

108

123

Rule 6 (aptitude for languages)

20

20

20

24

Furthest distance allocated to

2085.33m

1803.83m

1898.18m

1900.48m